Acupuncture for IBS
Chinese Medicine has been using Acupuncture for the treatment of IBS for thousands of years. According to this system, there are multiple reasons why IBS exists. Here are a few:
- Too much dampness in the system – Dampness is a pathogenic factor that is typically created from:
- Too much cold food.
- Too much dairy.
- Too much greasy or fatty foods. Yes, this includes nut butter and seeds.
- See the video at the end of this blog to learn more about dampness.
- Too much cold in the digestive system – Warmth makes everything happen, this is our metabolic heat. We need enough digestive heat for things to function efficiently.
- Irregular eating – Eating at regular intervals is the key to healthy digestion. In addition to making sure we eat the majority of our meals earlier in the day.
How can Acupuncture help IBS?
Seeing an acupuncturist is more than just having a few needles stuck in you. Your acupuncturist should be able to work with you to create dietary guidelines that will be helpful. If you are looking for an acupuncturist in Kelowna, BC for IBS, here are some guidelines to work with.
Unfortunately, Acupuncture isn’t always enough to treat IBS.
Sometimes we need to work with Chinese Herbal Medicine to help heal IBS. The herbs work differently than acupuncture. Chinese Herbal medicine is more like medication, but all-natural. To find a Chinese herbalist refer to this reference.
It’s interesting, the western world has tried to study Acupuncture for IBS, but the results have come back showing no effect. However, these studies are taking one part of acupuncture and Chinese medicine to deduce the outcome. This just goes to show, how much they still misunderstand this medicine. Acupuncture works for IBS when properly diagnoses, according to acupuncture and Chinese medicine, NOT western medicine. AS well as by combining the above factors.
Here are a couple of links to these studies if you are curious.
Want to get started with acupuncture?
Interested in learning more about the theories of Chinese Medicine? Check out these courses we offer.
Want weekly Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture goodness sent your way?
Join The Journey here:
With Love from Kelowna, BC,